I do a lot of photography and video, so I prefer a simple, color-free Desktop background on my monitors. When I installed Lion, I fell in love with the basic linen texture of the login screen and decided that I need to replace that Tiger-era pattern I was using (which I had de-colored and flipped in Photoshop to give some symmetry to my dual monitors).
Here’s what I did in Lion:
- The linen image is a file located in:
- Opened it in Preview and made it just a little lighter (personal preference)
- Saved it to my ~/Pictures folder
- Brought up ‘Change Desktop Background…’ by right-clicking on the Desktop.
- Selected the tile image in the …
from MacOSXHints.com http://www.pheedcontent.com/click.phdo